Drip Irrigation is perfect for any landscape project to help conserve Water – Commercial, Residential, HOAs can benefit
Drip irrigation is a type of micro-irrigation system that saves water by allowing water to drip slowly to the roots of plants. As landscapers and irrigation experts, our goal is to put this most valuable resource, water, directly into the root zone and minimize evaporation.
Drip irrigation systems distribute water through a network of valves, pipes, tubing, and emitters. A drip irrigation system will be more efficient than other types of irrigation systems because it offers better control then surface irrigation or sprinkler irrigation. For more information about drip irrigation, as well as irrigation options for your property, reach out to True Lawn Care for a FREE lawn health and irrigation evaluation.
10 Reasons to use Drip Irrigation
Drip irrigation is used to move water from the water source to the plants and shrubs. The benefits of drip irrigation over spray irrigation are:
1. It is not affected by wind direction or speed.
2. You put the water exactly where you want it, not outside the root zone, and not wasted on sidewalks and driveways.
3. Places less water on leaves, leading to fewer disease problems.
4. It doesn’t expose water on the ground’s surface for easy evaporation.
5. It doesn’t overwater low spots and underwater high spots.
6. It waters slowly, so the water is available to the roots for more extended periods.
7. There is no runoff of surface water.
8. It uses less water and uses it more efficiently.
9. There is no compaction of clay soils by the impact of water droplets, which makes a ‘soup’ of fine particles that dry to a hydrophobic layer.
10. You can either bury the lines or leave them on top of the soil.
The landscape planners at True Lawn Care are experts at landscape design and water-wise irrigation technology using the latest techniques and materials to save water.